Wednesday, October 8, 2008

The Snow is Falling! The Snow is Falling!

You heard it kid's! The snow is falling in beautiful New Mexico and its only the beginning of October. I woke up on Monday morning (Oct 6) and saw Taos Mountain and Truchas Peak caked with the white stuff. The snow line was about 10,000 feet, but that's fine with me. Just means all the chutes and expert terrain is getting an early start. The temps are dipping into the 20's at night up on the high peaks and that is music to my ears!

The weather mafia are calling for more snow this weekend and considering they have been remotely right lately, I am actually thinking it will happen again (no disrespect guys!). It's not the first time Taos has received snow this early. I have actually seen snow fall in June with the right combination of cold, moisture and naked snow dances! Still, skiers are psyched up for another great season in Taos Ski Valley.

No comments: